In the application, upload an unofficial transcript from each post-secondary institution you attended. If you have academic credentials earned outside of the U.S., the transcript must be issued in English (or translated by a certified academic translating company). If you attended a school in India, you must include individual marksheets.
Admitted students who plan to enroll will be required to submit their official transcript showing proof of a bachelor's degree to Graduate Admissions. The official transcript is due before pre-registration begins for the next semester, and no later than the end of the first semester. Students will be allowed to register for the next semester after the official transcript is received. "Official" means the transcript is issued directly from one institution to another in a secure manner. The following are acceptable options to submit the official transcript.
(1) By Mail
The institution from where the degree is earned must issue the transcript in a sealed envelope mailed to this address:
Graduate Admissions - Final Transcript
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
(2) By Secure Electronic Transmission
If the institution from where the degree is earned uses a secure transcript vendor such as Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse, the institution should send the transcript to email@example.com. An email and/or attachment from an institution's staff or faculty is not accepted since email is unsecure and cannot be authenticated.
(3) In Person
A student may obtain their official documents from the institution in a sealed, unopened envelope and deliver it to the Graduate Admissions Office located on the fifth floor of the Reese building between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday unless the university is closed because of a holiday, inclement weather, or other reason.
Clarification for Transcripts issued by institutions in India and China
Two types of documents are required.
- Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) - This document can be a photocopy of the final or provisional degree certificate.
- Statement of Marks (University Issued or Attested) - This document must be in a sealed envelope issued from your institution.
Here is what you need to provide if you attended an institution in China.
- Academic Transcript in Chinese and English - These documents must be in a sealed envelope from your institution.
- Degree Certificate - If your degree does not appear on your academic transcript, you should provide a photocopy of the original degree certificate issued by the awarding institution.
- Electronic Verified Report (Degree) - Alternatively to items 1 and 2, we accept an electronically verified report from the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC), so you may provide information to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to access your report.
Contact 704-687-5503 or email@example.com if you have questions.