The mission of the International Student and Scholar Office is to provide information, services and programs that help international students and visiting scholars achieve their individual educational and personal goals and that foster an appreciation for a culturally diverse learning environment in the larger University community.
The ISSO provides support services and programs for international students and scholars in the following areas:
- Orientation to the University and the Charlotte community
- Individual counseling and advising
- Information and referral on issues related to academics, health, finances, housing, and campus programs
- Immigration advising and processing of documents
- Cross-cultural workshops
- Coordination of the Host Family Program
- Coordination of the Friendship & Culture exchange program
- Advising of international student clubs and organizations
- Support for UNC Charlotte’s International House
- Support to hiring departments of international scholars
For more information on international student services, visit UNC Charlotte’s International Student Scholar Office.